Saturday, October 14, 2017

During my study of The Book of Mormon this past week, I came across the scripture 2 Nephi 31:10, which says, “…Follow thou me. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father?” I’ve read this scripture many times, but I had never taken the time to think about it. This time as I pondered it’s meaning, I was reminded of a simple principle. I was reminded that if we do follow Christ we are also following our Heavenly Father. The Son can do nothing save what he sees the Father do. If we look to Christ as our exemplar, and heed His counsel to follow Him, we can find the same peace and joy that He did and does today. In addition to this, we must be willing to follow any commandments our Heavenly Father gives us. If we do not then we are not truly following the Savior and becoming as He is. I am grateful that we do have a Redeemer whose example is perfect and can help guide us to change our hearts and minds to align with the will of the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment