Saturday, October 21, 2017

Throughout my studies of the Book of Mormon this past week, I came across an often-quoted scripture in Mosiah 2:17 which says, “And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.” As I read this this time around, I was struck by the power of that message. It is one of the simplest messages and most fundamental principles that Christ taught. Over and over we are taught to love and serve our neighbor, reach out to those that need our hand, comfort, and so on. Though this principle is so often talked about, I find myself often overlooking it. Sometimes I think I’m doing good because I am praying, studying the scriptures, keeping the commandments, and so on, but I forget to reach out to those around me. There are so many who struggle and are in need of heavens aid, which comes through His hands, us. Furthermore, as it states in this scripture, in serving others we are serving God. How amazing that we have the opportunity to do so! Let us all strive to serve our God a little more by reaching out in service to His children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment