Saturday, September 9, 2017

I have been thinking a lot recently about one of my favorite scriptures from the Book of Mormon which is 2 Nephi 2:25: “Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.” Our Heavenly Father’s plan for all of us is to have eternal joy. It stuck out to me, because often I let the stress of school or the other hardships I face bring me to a point where I do not feel that joy. As I have pondered this principle I have grown to understand it on a deeper personal level. God did not create us so we would have to suffer through life. Adam did not fall just so we could feel only momentary pleasure. Our Father in Heaven truly loves us and His purpose for us is to have joy, eternal, lasting joy, and He does not just plan for us to have that joy in fifty years or even in the next life. He wants us to have it always, every day, right now. On several occasions in my life, when I have struggled through the daily battles of mortality, this truth has brought me peace and a sense of purpose. I know that our loving Father in Heaven has a plan for all of us and that if we remain true and faithful to Him, giving Him our all even until the end, that His purpose for us will be brought to pass. We will be able to have that eternal joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment