Saturday, September 22, 2018

     In my personal study of the Book of Mormon this past week I studied 2 Nephi 26. I had a lot of thoughts and insights throughout the whole chapter, but I want to focus on verse 24 because it is incredible to me. It says, "He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation."
     This verse is speaking of our Savior, Jesus Christ. What struck me about it most is that Christ doesn't do anything unless it benefits us. More than that, anything He does is out of the unfathomable love He has for us. He laid down His life, so that we could rise from the grave. He atoned, so that our spirits could rise from their spiritual grave.
      I know these doctrines to be true. I personally know that Christ loves me so much and because I know that I also know that I can come to Him in time of weakness and trial. I know that He perfectly understands because He made the ultimate sacrifice and I know that I have been and continue to be blessed by a truly loving Savior, but even further than knowing these things of Christ, we can and should directly apply this knowledge to our actions.We have been commanded of Christ to partake of His salvation. We should take this commandment very seriously and with the utmost sacredness. When we need Him we should come unto Him with a humble heart and seek for healing, comfort, forgiveness, peace, and so on. I would exhort that we all seek Christ and utilize His gift of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment