Saturday, September 29, 2018

     While studying in 2 Nephi 28, I was stuck by verse 32. It says, "Wo be unto the Gentiles, saith the Lord God of Hosts! For notwithstanding I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them from day to day, they will deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts."
     Upon reading this verse I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the mercy of the Lord. Just as the Gentiles, I have often denied His hand, yet in spite of all that He has still extended it. As I have repented and come unto Him, He has never withheld forgiveness or withdrawn His love for me. He has truly been merciful.
      I would like to add that this mercy is not there for just me or even just a few of us, and it is not only there for a set period of time in this life. Even when we deny Him He does not leave us. He is always ready to extend mercy, we simply have to reach for it and accept it. I know this doctrine to be true because I have experienced it many times. I have felt the presence of His hand every time I have reached for it. He is ever ready to bring us back to Him, to strengthen us in times of struggle, and to pull us out of sin with his merciful arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment