Monday, December 10, 2018

I ran into the scripture, Mosiah 4:19, this past week. It says, "For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?" This scripture really stood out to me for a few reasons, but I would like to write about one that has been heavily impressed upon my mind. I love that this scripture asks the rhetorical question, "..Are we not all beggars?". This shows that, whether or not we have the same temporal social status, whether or not we are "rich or poor, black or white, bond or free, male or female"(and so on) that we are all the same. We have been created equal by God. He loves each and every one of us the same. He is the God of us all and we are all heirs to his blessings. Because of these things, I know that it is so important that we become a unified people. Let us not label each other or define one another by worldly ideologies or statuses, instead let us look through the lens of Christ and see each other as he does. Let Him be the judge and let us be his servants, disciples, and ministers. I know that as we strive to develop this heavenly unity that we will be blessed beyond what we can imagine. As with everything else in the gospel, unity will bring us joy. We will be better able to strengthen others and to be strengthened ourselves. We will become a Zionic people, full of His light. I exhort everyone to do their part to become a unified people. It will bring those blessings which I have mentioned and many more beyond what we can even comprehend. This scripture means so much to me for all of these reasons. Let us listen with our hearts and minds to the beautiful messages which it teaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment